Cascade Lakes Relay volunteers can look forward to a fun experience supporting CLR runners & walkers to have a safe and enjoyable race! This race couldn’t happen without you and we are very grateful for your support and hope to see you return year after year.
- Your experience as a volunteer will be more pleasant if you are prepared, so please read through the volunteer instructions & directions carefully and contact us if you have any questions prior to the race. It is also recommended that you read the Official Race Guide and Race Map to familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures of the race. Please print your own copy of these documents, as they will not be provided at the race. You will need to sign a waiver form when you arrive at your exchange point, or you can print, sign and bring the waiver form with you.
- One of the “Spirit of Cascade Awards” is for the “Most Spirited Volunteers” (voted on by CLR participants), so think of a theme, wear costumes, play music, or BBQ hotdogs for racers and you might win participant praises!
- If you are volunteering on behalf of an Official Charity, please contact your charity coordinator to find out which of the locations assigned to your charity you will be volunteering at.
Volunteer Assignments will be posted by July 1st.
Team Captain Information
Every team must provide two Volunteers who are at least 18 years of age or older. Volunteers must be physically capable to perform the assigned duties. Volunteers are not allowed to bring dogs or children under 12.
- Ultra teams are required to provide only one volunteer.
- High School Challenge teams will provide two volunteers and will be assigned to stick with your team and chaperone your young runners to ensure they have a great time and remain safe.
Team captains must register their volunteers in our registration database no later than July 15th.
- All volunteers from your team will be assigned to the same exchange point, so carpooling and working together is highly encouraged. We ask that all volunteers complete a six to eight hour shift, be prompt, and allow additional time for driving to their assignment. We will do our best in assigning our volunteers to locations closest to their home to reduce driving time for all of our volunteers.
If your volunteers do not show up, your team will be immediately disqualified. In addition, your team will be required to make a $300 donation to the “Hire a Volunteer” program.
If your team is not able to provide a volunteer and/or you want to support a local non-profit, you may participate in our popular “Hire a Volunteer” program.
- At the time of registration, please select the “Hire a Volunteer” option. This is an excellent opportunity to support local non-profit organizations and 100% of your contribution goes directly to the charity providing the volunteer(s).
|# of volunteers||At time of registration||After May 31st*||After July 15th**|
|Two Volunteers||$200 minimum||$300 minimum||$400 minimum|
|One Volunteer||$100 minimum||$150 minimum||$200 minimum|
*A team can decide to change to “Hire a Volunteer” up until May 31st without penalty. Please email email@example.com to make this switch. (The fee increases as it becomes more difficult to find additional volunteers closer to the race date.)
** Only if non-profit volunteers are available.
Volunteer payments are not included in the registration fee and must be paid separately by check. Mail “Hire a Volunteer” checks to this address and include “CLR – [your team name]” in the memo line:
Cascade Lakes Race Group, LLC
PO Box 9640
Bend, OR 97708
Without a group of dedicated volunteers from all teams, this race would not be possible. We thank you in advance for your time in helping us make the Cascade Lakes Relay a successful and safe event for everyone.