Lodging and Food
2014 Welcome Letter to CLR teams from Travel Oregon and Central Oregon Visitors Association
Start Line Team Dinner
Join us Thursday night at Diamond Lake in the Mt. Thielsen Room from 4-10pm for dinner, packet-pickup and merchandise sales. Dinner is a set price ($10-12) and includes a delicious buffet of several entree choices and multiple salads (green/pasta/cous-cous/fruit/veggies) and a drink. Beer is additional. Come get pumped up with other teams, ask questions and take care of packet pick-up so that you don’t have to worry about it on Friday morning!
Walk teams are welcome to join us in Diamond Lake for dinner; however, your start packets will be at Silver Lake on Friday morning – you cannot pick up start packets in Diamond Lake.
Always mention the Cascade Lakes Relay when making accommodation reservations, thank you.
Accommodations for overnight lodging during this time of the year are at a premium. We recommend that you make your plans early for either Diamond Lake Resort (800) 733-7593 or any of the public Campgrounds and RV Parks in the Umpqua/Deschutes National Forest. Bed and Breakfasts and other accommodations tend to fill up quickly in the late summer.
Near Diamond Lake:
- Diamond Lake Resort - (800) 733-7593
- Diamond Lake Campground – United States Forest Service
- Lemolo Lake Resort
- Union Creek Resort
Camping/RV Parks near Bend:
- Scandia RV Park and tent sites – 541-382-6206 – 61415 S Hwy 97, Bend, OR 97702
- Crownvilla RV Resort – 541-388-1131 – www.crownvillarvresort.com
- Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort – 541-516-3036 – www.bendsistersgardenrv.com
Bend Area Accommodations
The Central Oregon Visitor’s Association has an excellent booking system that sweeps all of the Central Oregon hotel reservation sites for the best available rates. We highly recommend that you utilize this tool to view all of your lodging options. Hotels nearest to the finish line include Mt Bachelor Village, Townplace Suites, The Pine Ridge Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. Seventh Mountain Inn and the Entrada Lodge are located along Leg 36.
Experienced teams recommend three ideas:
- Stay near Diamond Lake/Crater Lake on Thursday night (especially if you have an early start time) and in Bend Saturday night.
- Rent a house in Sunriver for Thursday through Sunday (or make a week-long vacation out of it). Sunriver is approximately 1.5 hours from the start line. Volunteers and friends can enjoy the house Friday night and then the entire team can stay there Saturday night (approx. 30 mins. from the finish line).
- Rent a house in Bend for Thursday through Sunday (or for the week). Bend is approximately 2 hours from the start line.