Welcome Letter to CLR teams from Travel Oregon and Central Oregon Visitors Association
Start Line Team Dinner
Join us Thursday night at Diamond Lake in the Mt. Thielsen Room from 4-10pm for dinner, SOB beer, packet-pickup and merchandise sales. Dinner is a set price ($10-12) and includes a delicious buffet of several entree choices and multiple salads (green/pasta/cous-cous/fruit/veggies) and a drink. Beer is additional. Come get pumped up with other teams, ask questions and take care of packet pick-up so that you don’t have to worry about it on Friday morning!
Walk teams are welcome to join us in Diamond Lake for dinner; however, your start packets will be at Silver Lake on Friday morning – you cannot pick up start packets in Diamond Lake.
Always mention the Cascade Lakes Relay when making accommodation reservations, thank you.
Accommodations for overnight lodging during this time of the year are at a premium. We recommend that you make your plans early for either Diamond Lake Resort (800) 733-7593 or any of the public Campgrounds and RV Parks in the Umpqua/Deschutes National Forest. Bed and Breakfast’s and other accommodations tend to fill up quickly in the late summer.
Near Diamond Lake:
- Diamond Lake Resort - (800) 733-7593
- Diamond Lake Campground – United States Forest Service
- Lemolo Lake Resort
- Union Creek Resort
Camping/RV Parks near Bend:
- Scandia RV Park and tent sites – 541-382-6206 – 61415 S Hwy 97, Bend, OR 97702
- Crownvilla RV Resort – 541-388-1131 – www.crownvillarvresort.com
- Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort – 541-516-3036 – www.bendsistersgardenrv.com
Hotels/Rental Properties near Bend:
|Preferred Partner: 7th Mountain Resort||800-452-6810||Townhomes, condos||10% off for CLR|
|Sunset Lodging in Sunriver||800-541-1756||Vacation Rentals, Homes||Call for rates|
|Diamond Stone Guest Lodges||866-626-9887||Cabin, King Suite, Queen Suite
||$165 double occupancy + $12.50/pers, max 6 with 2 private Queen BRs & livingroom futon.|
|Bend Inn & Suites||888-678-2363||Single, Doubles||Single $139.99 + tax; Double $149.99 + tax|
|Bend Dutch Knights
||866-322-0218||Vacation Rentals, Homes||Range $125 – $500 per night, +tax|
|Black Butte Ranch||800-452-7465||Vacation Rentals, Homes||$150-$965 per night +tax|
|Eagle Crest Resort||800-628-4786||Double Queen, King Suites||Double Queen$169 per night + tax; King Suites at $199 and up per night, plus+|
|Sunriver Resort||800-801-8765||Lodge, vacation homes||Lodge Village guestroom: $189/night plus tax/resort feeLodge Village suite: $249/night plus tax/resort feeHome/Condos: Best rate available|
|Five Pine Lodges||866-974-5900||Guest Rooms, Cabins||$235-$290 per night plus tax|
|Sleep Inn Bend||541-330-0050||Guest Rooms||$91.00 +Tax 1 Bed; $97 +tax 2 Beds|
|Village Properties||800-786-7483||Condos, Townhomes, Homes||$90-600 per night, plus tax, Includes: Entry into Sharc; Mavericks 2 Free Flow Rider Passes|
|Phoenix Inn||888-291-4764||Downtown Bend King & Queen Suites||King Suite rate of $199 and a 2-Queen Suite rate of $209|
|Super 8||541-388-6888||CLR block held until June 29th||$107.99 per night plus tax|
Experienced teams recommend 3 ideas:
- Stay near Diamond Lake/Crater Lake on Thursday night (especially if you have an early start time) and in Bend Saturday night.
- Rent a house in Sunriver for Thursday through Sunday (or make a week-long vacation out of it). Sunriver is approximately 1.5 hours from the start line. Volunteers and friends can enjoy the house Friday night and then the entire team can stay there Saturday night (approx. 30 mins. from the finish line).
- Rent a house in Bend for Thursday through Sunday (or for the week). Bend is approximately 2 hours from the start line.