Team Check In
Running teams can check in beginning Thursday, July 28th from 4-10 pm at Diamond Lake Resort or Friday morning at least 45 minutes before your start time.
Walk teams can check-in on Thursday, July 28th from 7pm-9pm at the Best Western in La Pine or Friday morning starting at 7am the Silver Lake Community Center.
CLR24 team check-in stars at 12pm at the Silver Lake Community Center. High School Challenge team check-in will be Friday at the Silver Lake Community Center, time TBA.
In order to check in, the Team Captain (or designee) is REQUIRED to show:
- Two reflective vests – 1 for each van (we recommend Road Noise or Noxgear)
- Two flashlights or headlamps – 1 for each van (we recommend Knuckle Lights)
- FOUR flashing red lights – 2 for each van (one for your back and one for your front). Cheap lights will not keep you safe. Please invest in high-quality flashing lights that can be seen by cars for a mile (we rec Nathan Sports)
- Two Runner on Road signs – 1 for each van – Les Schwab is sponsoring the signs this year, so you don’t have to make them or pay for them! We will give them to you when you check in.
- If you chose to “Hire a volunteer” and haven’t paid prior to the race, you will not be allowed to start without paying for your volunteers.
- Two copies of the Race Guide – 1 for each van (ok if Van 2 race guide is not at the start line)
- Two copies of the Race Map – 1 for each van (ok if Van 2 race map is not at the start line)
- Register every teammate with a smartphone for the free Cascade Relays App in order to time each leg of the race.
- Participant Waiver Form with signatures of all participants Must be completed online by Monday, July 25, 2016. All runners, drivers, and volunteers must sign a waiver.
All waivers can be found on our Smartwaiver page.
You will not be able to check-in without these items. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You can hand over half of the safety gear at Exchange Point # 6 if Van 2 is not joining you at the start line.
At the start line, you will receive:
- 12 Race Bibs with your team name
- 2 van signs for each van to designate your team #
- 1 slap bracelet for each van (“baton” for handoff)
- 1 official time sheet for each van (optional, for your reference)
- 2 Les Schwab “Runner on Road” signs
We do not provide copies of the Race Guide or Race Map – you must print a minimum of one copy for each van. If you choose to use a mobile device to access the maps, you will need to save it to your device locally, as there are large portions of the course that do not have cell coverage.
You will receive your medals and finishers shirts at the finish line once both vans have arrived and your final runner has crossed the finish line.
Volunteers will receive a CLR visor when they arrive at their assigned volunteer location.
If a teammate wants to leave their car at the finish line in Bend and carpool to Diamond or Silver Lake, they must leave their car at the Athletic Club of Bend at 61615 Athletic Club Drive and park in the lot farthest away from the club building. That is the only approved place to leave your car overnight.