The 2015 event sold out in a matter of hours once again! But good news… there is a new opportunity to participate by registering for CLR24!
CLR24 registration is now open. CLR24 will consist of teams of 7-12 runners that start from Silver Lake (exchange point 12) on Friday, July 31st and your team will complete the final 24 legs of the CLR course only. Teams will start between 2pm-4pm on Friday with an approximate finish time between 9:30am-1:00pm on Saturday, August 1st.
CLR24 will be a relay within a relay and will allow additional teams to participate without increasing congestion, while filling in a large gap of time on Saturday morning between 9am-1pm, when less than 10 teams have historically crossed the finish line from the original CLR race.
By participating in CLR24, your team will still get to experience the best relay in the Pacific NW and even get to the beer garden sooner. Run less miles and arrive at the Beer Garden early? Yep. Oh, and did we mention there is no red cinder in CLR24?
You have the option of running with a team of eight (8) runners, so everyone still runs three legs, or a team of twelve runners (12), where each person only runs 2 legs. CLR24 has the potential for more runners of all ability to experience the magic of Cascade Lakes Relay.
CLR24 teams will receive all of the same amazing swag and amenities as the 216 mile race.
If your team already registered for the Thurs/Friday CLR event please fill out this short form to let us know if your team would like to transfer your registration to CLR24 or decline entry. By filling out this short form, your team will not need to re-register for CLR24.
CLR24 Registration for new teams will open no later than February 1st.
CLR24 registration fee is $1200 for a team of 7-12 and $960 for an ultra team of 4-6 runners. We will accept 600 total participants for CLR24, so we recommend confirming your registration asap, before CLR24 sells out. CLR24 will be first come-first served and there will NOT be a lottery.
- 600 runners will be accepted into CLR24 (50-75 teams depending on team size)
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due at time of registration if your team has already registered for the Thurs/Friday CLR event.
- Once you register online you will receive an email with the registration form to print and send with your $500 deposit check. The deposit check must be sent with the registration form and all requested information or it will not be valid and your team will not be entered into the lottery.
- Checks must include CLR, your team name, and your team captain name in the memo line (if different than the name on the check).
- You may send a check at time of registration for the full registration amount if you prefer to pay in full rather than sending a second check.
- Checks must be made payable to Cascade Relays, PO Box 9640, Bend, OR 97708.
- A check for the registration fee balance must be postmarked no later than February 1st, 2015 for CLR teams and by March 1st for CLR24 teams.
- If a check for the balance is not postmarked by your due date, your team will be automatically deleted and replaced with a waitlist team – no exceptions. Reminder emails will be sent on January 1st and January 15th, but emails don’t always reach the recipient and the Team Captain is ultimately responsible for sending the balance, so mark your calendar now! You may send the balance at any time before the deadline in order to confirm your team.
- CLR Run team balance – $1100
- CLR24 balance – $700
- Walk team balance – $700
- Ultra team balance – $460
- If you have a discount from 2014, the discount should be subtracted from this final payment balance, not from the $500 deposit
- Confirmed registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If electing to “hire” charity volunteers, the “Hire a Volunteer” donation of $100 per volunteer ($200 total for a regular run or walk team) is due by Feb 1st and can be included with your deposit check or your registration balance check. *If you are selected from the waitlist or register for CLR24 after Feb 1st and pay for your volunteers at the time you register, volunteers are only $100 each. (See the volunteer page for details on choosing to hire volunteers after Feb 1st.)
- Runners/walkers must be registered by April 1st in order to guarantee their finisher shirt size. (Our amazing finishers shirts have to be ordered by April 1st, thus the deadline.)
- All race communication is done via email. Please remember to send us your updated email address if it changes. Please add @cascaderelays.com to your “safe” list so that our emails do not go to spam.
Lottery Details for the Friday/Saturday event
- Registrations are accepted for 5 days only (October 1st-5th):
- We value our loyal teams that have participated in past years and we also need to provide a fair opportunity for new teams to experience the CLR. Therefore, a weighted lottery system will be used to accept teams. Returning team captains receive additional entries in the lottery in order to recognize and reward past participation.
- Inaugural (2008) team captains are guaranteed entry as long as they register and pay the $500 deposit within the 5 day registration window (Oct 1st-5th).
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall teams, You-Tube contest winners, the survey winner, and division winners from 2014 are guaranteed entry as long as they register and pay the $500 deposit within the 5 day registration window (Oct 1st-5th).
- If you aren’t accepted into CLR 2015 and you register for Spokane to Sandpoint Relay 2015, we will guarantee your entry for CLR 2016.
Walk and High School Relay
- Walk Relay Registration: At this time, we do not have a permit for a separate walk relay event. We have one permit for 2400 participants plus 600 for CLR24, which includes both running and walking teams. Walking teams must register during the same 5-day registration period as running teams. Walk teams will be entered into the same lottery as the run team registrations, but we will guarantee a minimum* of 25 walk teams in order to ensure there is sufficient competition.
*assuming at least 25 walk teams register during the lottery registration period from Oct 1st-5th
- High School Relay Registration: High school registrations are accepted until June 1st. Please contact the race directors (email@example.com) for registration instructions.
- Volunteer assignments (for teams providing your own volunteers) will be selected by team captains on May 15th on a first-come, first-serve basis. Team Captains will receive an email with instructions prior to May 15th.
- The donation amount for the “Hire a Volunteer” program is as follows:
- At time of registration or by Feb 1st*: $100 per volunteer
- Postmarked between Feb 2nd and May 31st: $150 per volunteer
- Postmarked between June 1st and July 14th: $200 per volunteer
- Postmarked between July 15th and July 31st: $300 per volunteer
- *If you are selected from the waitlist or register for CLR24 after Feb 1st and pay for your volunteers at the time you register, volunteers are only $100 each.
- The donation fee to select and hire volunteers goes up as the event date draws near as it is much more difficult to find and coordinate additional charity volunteers closer to the event date. We appreciate teams selecting and paying for this option as early as possible so that we can coordinate effectively with over 20 volunteer organizations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the charities who provide volunteers for the event.
- Volunteer checks must include “CLR” and your team name in the memo line, as well as the team captain name if different than the name on the check. We wish we were mind readers but we’re not!
- To change your volunteer status from “provide your own volunteers” to “hire a volunteer program” or visa versa, team captains must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request. The donation payment amount is based on when the donation check is postmarked, so mail the donation check immediately after requesting the change to avoid extra fees.
- Volunteers are absolutely critical for the success and safety of this event. Therefore, if a team elects to provide your own volunteers and your volunteers do not show up for their assignment, a penalty donation of $600 must be made to the “Hire a Volunteer” program in order to receive your team finisher shirts & medals, not be officially disqualified, and to be accepted to participate in CLRG events in future years. Your team will also be required to select the HAV program in order to participate in any CLRG events the following year.