This is the list for individual runners. Check out the list of van supplies to see what you should have for all to share. A printable list is available here.
– Running shoes (one or two pairs)
– Team uniform (if you have one)
– Cool weather running gear (long-sleeves or sweats) for two segments
– Warm weather running gear (short sleeves and shorts) for two segments
Here’s a great tip for organizing your clothing. Look at the approximate time of day you will be running, and select outfits for each leg. Place each outfit in a large zip-loc bag labelled with the leg you intend them for. This makes it much easier to find the clothes you need once the van becomes a mess.
– Running socks (three pairs)
– Under-wear or jog bras for running (three sets)
– Running hat (one or two)
– Water carrier / water bottle
– Flashlight or headlamp (if not provided by your van)
– Hydration drink (Gluekos, Gatorade, etc.) Bring what works for you! Your team might have shared supplies, but unless you’ve tried it before race day, stick with what you know. Trust me.
– Energy food (gels, PowerBars, etc.) See note above!
– Bug repellent – bring a DEET based one in addition to a natural style. The bugs are huge out here. And if you are allergic, bring some Benadryl. Just in case.
– BodyGlide – if you don’t know what BodyGlide, you need to learn! This is magic stuff – prevents chafing from your shorts, bra or shirt. You can find it at your local running store.
– Wipes – Facial wipes or the super cool Action Wipes are nice to have to clean off between legs. Even if you plan to get […]