Register for CLR24!
The 8th annual CLR race will be held July 31st-August 1st, 2015. The original CLR sold out in a matter of hours, but we are now offering a second event which is a relay within a relay and we are calling this new event CLR24! Registration Open Now!
The idea and opportunity to pursue offering CLR Thursday-Friday was born from a desire to remain the very best relay, while allowing for responsible and sustainable growth. Over the last few months, we have evaluated the physical and financial challenges to hosting an entirely separate CLR on Thursday-Friday. We also evaluated the runner experience with a smaller event size and have decided to NOT produce the CLR Thursday-Friday event. But there is great news!
We have ultimately determined there is a smarter way to expand the opportunity to participate in the Cascade Lakes Relay and we want you to join us this year for CLR24!
Over a few beers and too many cups of coffee (or was it too many beers?) we developed an even better solution to increasing the event size, while still maintaining that magical non-congested experience. Historically, on Saturday morning less than 10 teams cross the finish line from the standard CLR 36 leg race between 9am-1pm. CLR24 will allow us to add more teams to the race that will finish early Saturday morning between 9am-1pm, without increasing the congestion of high public-use recreational areas of the Deschutes National Forest.
CLR24 is an overnight relay that begins at Silver Lake (exchange point 12) and finishes at Riverbend Park in Bend by completing the final 24 legs of the original CLR course. Teams of 8-12 will complete the 132 mile (24 leg) course while running 2 or 3 legs, depending on your team size. Ultra Teams are also welcome to compete in the CLR24. The race will be held on the same day as CLR (July 31 – August 1, 2015). The number of teams accepted will be limited and we will only accept 600 runners for CLR24, so be sure to register early.
We also invite you to check out our other overnight relay, the Spokane to Sandpoint Relay. With a stunningly scenic course, 60 miles of Centennial trail, numerous lakes and rivers and a beachside finish, the S2S is a wonderful overnight relay alternative to the Cascade Lakes Relay. All the same staff who produce the CLR will be up in Washington to serve you on race weekend.
As a small independent relay, the Cascade Lakes Relay offers a different experience with more amenities:
- A Team Captain gift to thank you for your extra work
- A medical team available throughout the entire course caring for everything from blisters to heat injuries at no charge
- An extra “veteran” shirt for every 5 years you participate
- Personalized bibs with your team name
- Enough porta potties so you’re never waiting for more than a few people
- Water Ambassadors to offer water or a spray down when you’re hot
- A gorgeous, challenging course through the diverse terrain of Southern & Central Oregon
- A finishers shirt that will be your new favorite shirt and a beautiful medal that features a new landmark from the course every year
- A rockin’ finish line party featuring local craft brews from the best Central Oregon breweries
- A local, friendly, family vibe from participants to sponsors to vendors to staff to volunteers
- No traffic or congestion!
Come join us and experience the difference yourself!
The CLR has quickly become one of Oregon’s most popular running and walking events, providing a beautiful course with minimal traffic and the intimate feel of a small but professional event. Every aspect of the CLR is world-class, from our socially responsible tech shirts to our medals to our course amenities and finish line. This unique course features a variety of Oregon terrain, from the lakes of Southern Oregon to the marsh & red hills of Eastern Oregon to the Mountains of Central Oregon. Starting in Diamond Lake and finishing in Bend, you have the perfect Oregon vacation with destinations at the start & finish. In addition, Cascade Relays raises over $50,000 annually for small local non-profits and community groups!
Please contact us anytime with questions, concerns or ideas – we are here to ensure you have a world-class race experience.
Scott & Carrie Douglass